Tuesday 23 November 2010

New album 'Perfectly Fine' progress, out Dec 2010??

Well, for those of you that don't know, I'm working on a new album entitled 'Perfectly Fine'. It's a poppy, folky, slightly rocky, mellow album. It will feature around 14 tracks, maybe slightly more, maybe slightly less. I have written and recorded 20 in total.
It's all in the final stages of being mixed and mastered right now, with around 10 tracks already done. Once it's all mixed and mastered there will be plenty of referencing to do (after all the mix stage referencing I've done!) And yes, it's all been recorded, mixed & mastered by myself (hence why I have been going crazy the last few months!) I would not recommend this approach unless like me you are very interested in sound engineering and mixing. It is an endless struggle, although it is immensely rewarding.
Then after that I'll be shooting some photos for the album artwork with my good friend Simon Feerick (also the drummer for local Alt. Rock band Adarna, which, on a side note, if you ever see them on the bill for a gig, go check them out, they're great.) The artwork will then be printed and the Cd's will be pressed, as well as a digital release through iTunes and amazon MP3.
I'm shooting for a December 2010 release, but at this stage it's hard to tell if it will be before then or after that. I will keep you all posted anyway. I will be doing a mini UK tour if funding allows, and I will be holding an album launch party in Nottingham (no venue confirmed yet, I have several in mind.) At the launch party I would also like to showcase some of my favourite singer-songwriters of the midlands, although there are so many that I love!
Anyway, I'm rambling again, only meant to do a very brief update! I have a 18 songs to learn for a wedding I will be playing at with Mood Indigo (featuring Steve Pinnock, also one of the owners of Nottinghams' Central Music Venue and Bar!)
Off I go :P
All the best,
Marc.

No comments:

Post a Comment